Right to Read Inquiry & Professional Development
Dr. Kathryn Garforth and Stephanie Stollar founder of Stephanie Stollar Consulting LLC and the creator of The Reading Science Academy discussed the Right to Read Inquiry & Professional Development.
Right to Read Recommendations
Resources mentioned in this talk:
- Language at the Speed of Sight: How We Read, Why So Many Can’t, and What Can Be Done About It Paperback – March 6 2018 by: Mark Seidenberg
- Put Reading First: The Research Building Blocks For Teaching Children to Read
- National Reading Panel – Teaching Children to Read: An Evidence-Based Assessment of the Scientific Research Literature on Reading and Its Implications for Reading Instruction
- Identifying and Teaching Children and Young People with Dyslexia and Literacy Difficulties: An independent report from Sir Jim Rose to the Secretary of State for Children, Schools and Families June 2009
- The Reading League Journal
The Right to Read Initiative & Repeated Readings
Report of the National Reading Panel: Teaching Children to Read
Dr. Stephanie Stollar is the founder of Stephanie Stollar Consulting LLC and the creator of The Reading Science Academy. Dr. Stollar is a part-time assistant professor in the online reading science program at Mount St. Joseph University, and a founding member of a national alliance for supporting reading science in higher education. As a board member for the Innovations in Education Consortium, she collaboratively plans the annual MTSS Innovations in Education Conference.
Dr. Stollar has worked as a school psychologist, an educational consultant, and as Vice President for Professional Learning for Acadience Learning Inc. She has provided professional development, conducted research and published in the areas of assessment, early intervention, and collaborative problem solving. She is passionate about improving educator knowledge and aligning school systems to prevent reading failure.
You can follow Stephanie Stollar Consulting and the Reading Science Academy on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn, and contact her at email@example.com.